We have a Repair Centre that covers our full range of products, specializing in Radio Sets, Helicopters, Multicopters and Jets.
- Inspection visits to Kelvin shop, 15 minutes. (Not Wednesday afternoons or Saturday’s)
- Once the helicopter is at the standard where we are able to test fly, this will be done on Tuesdays at Kelvin shop by Sam.
- Heli’s can be booked in at any time during the week in order for Sam to do the Setup. Collection will be between 16:00 – 17:00 on Tuesdays. Alternatively on Wednesday afternoon at the shop, and taking it to the field for a test flight.
- Sunglasses (Brown lens only)
- Food & refreshments
- Frequency peg
- Fully charged batteries
- Cleaned & maintained equipment
Training: As each level of flying is signed off on the shop simulator, the training at the field will start.
Hover tail in: (Certain electric micro helicopters excluded)
- Includes buddy box and once solo in hover, class 1 will be demonstrated.
Hover nose in:
- Includes buddy box and once solo in hover nose in, class 1 will be demonstrated nose in.
Flying: Simulator requirements: consistent forward flight, loop, stall turn, roll, autorotation. Thereafter, mechanical / electronic software setup will be taught at the shop on Thursday bookings.
Booking in for training is to be according to the following schedules: (One student per hour)
Wednesday : 13:00 - 17:00
Saturday : 13:00 - 16:00
Cost: R800 for 4 months
SAMAA membership and club membership is mandatory if using the club facilities.
Service & Repairs: Helicopters having been serviced and repaired by the pilot can again fall into the “Initial Setup” program. (Within the 4month training period)
Maintenance is the responsibility of the student and needs to be carried out regularly. As the bookings are set times, on field maintenance would result in your training slot being missed.
All care is taken to ensure the well being of your equipment and in the event of damage; Aerial Concepts will become involved as much as possible to help keep you in the hobby.
Please note: first set up is free included in your Training package then you will be asked to pay R450 after that when you need set-up.
Service and repairs hourly rate of R450.00. If customer does not wish to pay then they must fall under the 4 month training package.